[Zope] Interest in continued Oracle support in Zope

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Aug 31 06:56:15 EDT 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:34:50 +0200, Dario Lopez-Kästen
> <dario at ita.chalmers.se> wrote:
>
>>Have you setup your zope's in any particualr way (ie more ZODB threads
>>or so)?
>
> No. Just the default - we can run one ZEO client for each CPU in the
> machine that's not tasked for something else. They all back onto a
> single ZEO server (using standard Data.fs). No user data is stored in
> the ZODB, only the website logic and pretty crap (like the silly
> amount of branding).
>
> The ZEO clients all talk fastcgi via pythondirector to a pile of
> machines running Apache. They, in turn are behind a pair of cisco
> LocalDirectors.

aha... may I ask if this means that the zope-clients then only run with
one thread each?

I have always assumed that running fastcgi or pcgi meant slower response
because only one thread was used, and that running with ZServer behind
rewriterules was better because then you get multithreaded?

If this is so, then perhaps that may the difference - we do not use cgi,
only zserver with rewrite rules. If the assumptions expressed above are
correct, then perhaps it partly boils down to a threading issue?

/dario