[Zope] Interest in continued Oracle support in Zope

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:07:40 EDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:56:15 +0200, Dario Lopez-Kästen
<dario at ita.chalmers.se> wrote:
> aha... may I ask if this means that the zope-clients then only run with
> one thread each?
>
> I have always assumed that running fastcgi or pcgi meant slower response
> because only one thread was used, and that running with ZServer behind
> rewriterules was better because then you get multithreaded?

Don't know about pcgi, but you're completely wrong about fastcgi. It
does the multithreaded thing fine.

> If this is so, then perhaps that may the difference - we do not use cgi,
> only zserver with rewrite rules. If the assumptions expressed above are
> correct, then perhaps it partly boils down to a threading issue?

Nope. To be honest, I'd suspect Oracle-on-Linux. We ran with that for
a while, several years ago, but gave it up because it was too fragile.
AFAIK, Solaris is still one of Oracle's primary platforms. It's
possible, of course, that Oracle have fixed Oracle on Linux up in the
meantime.

Anthony