[Zope] Bulk uploads

Braun Brelin bbrelin at openapp.biz
Tue Aug 31 13:27:37 EDT 2004

Folks,

We've had a number of requests from customers to allow bulk upload of
images and various content types (Open Office documents, etc.)
into a Zope/Plone Content Management System.

There doesn't seem to be any standard way of doing this built into
Zope.  The question I have is "Why?"  Has the Zope Corporation ever
considered building this functionality into their FTP or WebDAV server?

I'd like to see something like the following:

1.  User has a folder on his Linux/Windows file system with one or more
content types (images, OO docs,Word docs, etc.)

2.  User does a drag and drop to a WebDAV folder which appears to the
client to be just another folder on the disk.

3.  The webDav server automatically determines the content type and
creates it in the selected target folder using the appropriate factory
when it receives the file, and uses the "file" factory if it can't
automatically determine the file type...

Is there something I'm missing on this?

Thanks,

Braun Brelin