[Zope] duplicate or 'echoing' REQUEST?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Aug 31 16:56:53 EDT 2004

This is almost certainly due to a ZODB phenomenon known as a conflict
error.  You can probably google around for "zope conflict error" or
"zodb conflict error" to get a sense of what these are, or read the
"Sessions" chapter of the Zope Book for a short overview.

The easiest way to prevent needing to think about it is to use an RDBMS
with transaction support (I suspect you're using MySQL tables without
InnoDB, right?).  If you can't do that, and you can't live with the
result of the conflict errors, you'll need to really dig into Zope guts
to prevent duplicate insertions; this is not recommended.