[Zope] Re: Zope 2.8 and python

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Dec 1 10:58:28 EST 2004

--On Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2004 10:45 Uhr -0500 Tres Seaver
<tseaver at zope.com> wrote:

>> 2.7.3 + Python 2.4 is officially not supported.
>
> But the unit tests do pass.  Can you do the following and retry:

"officially" in my understanding means that there has been a security audit
for the recommended Python version 2.3 and Zope in the past which has not
happened for Python 2.4 against the current Zope version.  So if you run
Python 2.4 to Zope 2.X there is always some risk...*maybe* a higher risk as
if you
would stick with the recommended version. I am also running Python 2.4
with Zope but basicially this is my own risk to run an unsupported version.

-aj