[Zope] getOwner FieldIndex

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Thu Dec 2 15:08:30 EST 2004

> >>Hi again
> >>I'm try to make searches for owner
> >>For that I create a FieldIndex with Indexed attributes getOwner
> >>
> >>I reindex the catalog and it found 17 objects for Owner
> >>
> >>But if I make a search for Owner ZCatalog returns an empty list
> >>
> >>Can you help me, please?
> >>

> >make sure you are searching on the same field 'name' that you indexed
(ie.
> >'getOwner'), and make sure that the field value you select is valid (ie.
the
> >FieldIndex must contain an entry which exactly matches the search term
you
> >use).
> >
> >HTH
> >
> >Jonathan
> >

> Hi Jonathan
> My index is called propietario and the user is Garito
> My search is
> catalog({'propietario': 'Garito'})
>
> Is this correct?

As long as the zcatalog you have created is named 'catalog' this looks ok to
me.  To see what is in the index create a python script with the following
content:

theIndex = context.restrictedTraverse('catalog/Indexes/propietario')

for item in theIndex.items():
  print item

return printed

To quickly run the script, just click on the 'Test' tab at the top of the
ZMI screen where you are editing the python script (after you have saved
it!).  This will give you a list of the field index values (and some other
stuff which you can ignore).

HTH

Jonathan