[Zope] Zope deamon doesn't start any more

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 2 14:21:21 EST 2004

Roland Giesler wrote at 2004-12-1 23:17 +0200:
>I have installed zope 2.7.0 using Mandrake urpmi (rpm installed) and
>proceeded to play with zope.  All worked fine for about 4 hours.  Then I
>downloaded the plone tarball, extracted it into the /var/lib/zope/Products/
>folder, and used the zope control panel to restart zope.  It didn't start.
>It looks like it starts, but does nothing.

Zope 2.7 makes it really difficult to analyse startup problems
(a bug in my view!).

To analyse startup problems, you should start Zope in the foreground
("bin/zopectl fg"). This causes log messages to go to "stderr" (and
not be lost).

That this works, your Zope must not run in "non-debug" mode
(i.e. "debug-mode on" must be effective).
This is another bug in my view.

There is already a bug report in the collector. Chances are not
high, however, that the collector entry speeds up the fix of these
bugs :-(

--
Dieter