[Fwd: Re: [Zope] Pack Not Working]

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 2 14:33:19 EST 2004

Did you read "http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup"?

>If I run fstest.py I get:
>
># python /usr/local/Zope-2.7.0/utilities/ZODBTools/fstest.py
>/home/dballing/Data.fs
>/home/dballing/Data.fs has inconsistent transaction length for undone
>transaction at 475866827

Thus, your "Data.fs" is physically damaged.

Copy it to a safe place.

Then, you could try "fsrecover"
to get part of your "Data.fs" back (about 475 MB).
You probably will loose some data.

Alternatives:

  *  You may have a backup copy of "Data.fs" which is not yet damaged.

  *  Packing leaves such a copy around as "Data.fs.old".

  *  It is possible to get lots of data out of even a seriously
     damaged "Data.fs" but this requires a lot of work and
     expert knowledge.

>.. if I try fsrefs, I get even less pleasant output:
>ImportError: No module named ZODB.FileStorage

Your PYTHONPATH does not include "<ZopeDir>/lib/python"...

But, it is not worth to run "fsrefs" when "fstest" reports
damage: "fstest" checks the physical structure, "fsrefs" the
logical one. If the physical structure is damaged, the logical
is damaged, too, with a very high probability.

--
Dieter