[Zope] Can Zope Do....?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at cutter.rexx.com
Thu Dec 2 15:39:53 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 12:05:09PM -0500, Alan Snyder wrote:

[snip]

> 3) What are the items in that drop down list of things in the upper
> right corner of every folder called? It has stuff like "DTML Document,
> Mai Host..." Are those "products"? Where can I find more of those.
> They're wonderful. Also - how hard are they to install at a client?
> What mechanisms are available for producing "install scripts" for
> clients who want to use the stuff I build?

Right.  They're Products.  Most (all?) are implemented in Python.
You can find their implementations in the following locations:

- Under your Zope installation directory:

    Zope-2.7/lib/python

- Under your instance directory, for example:

    MyInstance/Products

If you have not yet installed any products, then
MyInstance/Products will be (mostly) empty.  And, that's where you
will unroll a product when you want to install it.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman