[Zope] Can Zope Do....?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 3 14:34:14 EST 2004

Alan Snyder wrote at 2004-12-2 12:05 -0500:
>1) I am creating all of these pages through the zope manager interface
>which is great, but is it possible, and if so how, to do what I'm
>doing here and update a client remotely through something like a CVS
>or some pre-packaged zope update?

When you  use the CMF (or Plone which is build on top of CMF),
then there is the "Filesystem Directory View".
As its name suggests, it makes the content of a directory
in the file system available as Zope objects.

We use it heavily to have all our infrastructure (templates, logic)
in the filesystem, managed via CVS/SVN.

The CMF comes with other nice utilities as well: we make
especially heavy use of the "ActionsTool" and the "SkinsTool".

You will like them, once you get acquainted...

--
Dieter