[Zope] number of objects in ZooDB

Giuseppe Bonelli giuseppe.bonelli at tiscalinet.it
Sat Dec 4 10:07:37 EST 2004

Hi list,
I use ZooDB to store a fairly large amount (?) of objects and I am
wondering if it is best from a performance point of view to have a lot
of small object or fewer bigger. About 75% of my objects are also
cataloged in the Zcatalog.

I have complete flexibility on chosing the object number/size ratio, as
they are actualli xml fragments. My Zope instance is cached by a
front-end apache and the objects are mainly read-only (apart from the
initial import in the ZooDB).

Is 500.000 objects to be considered an "high" number?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

__peppo