[Zope] DTML vs ZTP

Andy Yates andy at nnu.com
Tue Dec 7 09:59:11 EST 2004

I started out using DTML.  I have since switched to page templates.  Now
the only place I use DTML is in ZSQL methods.  The Zope Book states the
advantages of ZPT clearly
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZPT.stx

So far I've never run in to anything I did in DTML that I could not do
in ZPT.  If I were you I'd learn just enough DTML to use ZSQL methods
and concentrate on ZPT.  For me the biggest advantage of ZPT is keeping
the programming logic out of the html.

Andy Yates