[Zope] Question about debugging errors indicated by compilezpy.py

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Dec 7 14:41:53 EST 2004

Douglas Wade Needham wrote at 2004-12-7 11:28 -0500:
>However, I continue to have
>a problem with a few modules, such as Archetypes (currently 1.2.5rc5)
>and PloneCollectorNG (currently 1.2.6).  When compiling the module, I
>get a message from compilezpy.py stating "There were errors during
>Python module compilation."

I have seen such reports -- but in all those cases, there
were more specific messages before the "There were errors..."
and those explained the problem. You are sure, you did not see
such messages?

>    How can I find out what the errors were which caused this message,
>    and where did they occur?

Look through the code and find the place that wrote
the (unhelpful MS-like) message "There were errors".
It probably is in an "except" clause. If though, ensure that
the full exception information is printed as well...

--
Dieter