[Zope] Re: Zope, Squid and Apache

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Wed Dec 8 14:45:36 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:56:24AM -0500, David Chandek-Stark wrote:
> If you don't need Apache, you can run Squid in front of Zope directly,
> but Squid doesn't come with its own redirector (to create the equivalent
> of Apache's rewrite rules), so you'll have to find one or write one
> yourself.

I run a squid accelerator directly in front of zope without using a
redirector.  This works fine for simple sites where the domain is
handled entirely by zope (that is, no special case URL redirection
needed).  Looking at my squid config file I think the key lines are
these:

    httpd_accel_host virtual
    cache_peer localhost parent 8080 0 no-query default
    acl zope_domain dstdomain example.com
    acl zope_domain dstdomain www.example.com
    cache_peer_access localhost allow zope_domain

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370