[Zope] Choice of HTML editors

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Dec 10 05:07:02 EST 2004

On Dec 10, 2004, at 7:07, Ian Nunn wrote:

> I'd be interested in what experienced Zope developers use. HTML I've
> seen output from FrontPage is rather verbose and complex. I personally
> use the freeware version of AceHTML and largely write my own simple
> HTML with it. I assume the development process is create the basic
> page layout in an editor and then insert Zope tags. What are the "best
> practices" people use in this regard?

I'm not sure there is something like "best practices".

I personally use Vim to edit HTML, and when it comes to a new site I
create a "sample" page without any code first to define things like
design and layout. This sample page becomes the model for the main
template to be used throughout the site. It becomes obvious at that
point where you might want to add slots that can be filled depending on
where your variable elements are that change from page to page.

jens