[Zope] ExternalFile errors

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Sun Dec 12 12:56:40 EST 2004

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> Questions about third party add-ons should be directed to the add-on
> author first.

Yes I agree, however the contact address provided below comes back as
dead. I was working through the plone book and its one of the referenced
applications and one that I need to currently to test file system access
and import for plone site that I want to build as part of a doc
management solution for another gpl project that I participate with as
an editor for documentation. Posted to the plone list and to date no
response yet.

See: http://zope.org/Members/arielpartners/ExternalFile

Alternatively, what are the current preferred methods for including file
system data. ExtFile is a bit weak in that regard and I am currently
trying to track down revision control methods as well that are preferred
or recommended with zope/plone. ExternalFile seems to be the precussor
for several efforts. So I am kinda stuck..:)

Thanks for the advise however..

Regards

/ch