[Zope] Timnezone setup

Douglas Wade Needham cinnion at ka8zrt.com
Tue Dec 14 09:23:16 EST 2004

Tomasz,

I was looking into this a bit, but did not have a chance to complete
my research.

I know the first part of the problem will be to add information to
each user record to store the timezone.  In Plone, this would be
through the properties tab of portal_memberdata, where you would
probably want to add a selection list.  As for the second part, that
would be to somehow inject the timezone setting into each calculation
of the time strings.  This would be done in most cases using tzset().
If you are lucky, you will find that all of this goes through a single
call in Zope/Plone, and you need only do the modification in one
place.  If not, and you find that someone is making their own calls to
ctime, strftime, etc., well....

- Doug

Quoting Tomasz Ciolek (tmc at dreamcraft.com.au):
> Hi All
>
> How can I get zope to use my local timezone instead of US Eastern time?
>
> Any hints/patches required?
>
> Tomasz Ciolek
>
> --
> Tomasz M. Ciolek
>  tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au

Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own.  Since I don't want them, why
            should my employer, or anybody else for that matter!