[Zope] Re: Caching zope pages

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Dec 14 10:13:04 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

> How can I see the effects of the caching policy manager? Does it create
> new headers? I've added a CPM but can't tell if it is doing anything.

As its name might indicate, a CPM holds a set of caching policies.  Each
policy consists of a predicate (defined as a TALES expression returning
a boolean) and a set of properties which define the headers set by the
policy.  For a given request, the first policy whose predicate returns
True gets to set the headers.

Andy Mckay's Plone book has some useful pointers on using CPM:

   http://his.biologie.hu-berlin.de/PloneBook/ch14.rst#caching-content-types

And I think Andrew suggested a testable default policy earlier in the
thread.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com