[Zope] Registrering a codec in Zope

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Dec 15 05:05:12 EST 2004

I have a special unicode codec that I register with Zope.

like:

import codec
codecs.register(special_codec)

But every time I refresh the product that uses the codec, it doesn't get
registered again. So my somestring.encode() function returns a None.

For every minor change I need to restart the zope server, and it is just
soooo slooow to work with.

Does anybody have an idea as to how I can avoid doing this?

I am in a WinXP machine with Zope 2.7.3 from the installer.

I guess I need to put the codec somewhere outside the Product folder,
but how do I then get it loaded as part of the Zope startup?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science