[Zope] debugging and browsers

Maunder, Oliver Oliver.Maunder at pins.gsi.gov.uk
Mon Dec 20 12:42:35 EST 2004

> I need to open two instances of a browser, one as one window
> as a user in
> the system with one login and set of session variables, and
> the other as
> another user (usually a manager) to manipulate the system
> through the ZMI.
> Likewise, sometime is is useful to open two instances of the system so
> that you can look in one place with one window, and in
> another place in
> the other.

Set up different user accounts on the machine, then run two instances of the
browser using different accounts.

Under Windows 2000/XP, hold down shift, right-click on the shortcut and
choose "Run as".

Under Linux, use "su".

Should do exactly what you want.

Olly

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free