[Zope] Emergency user and acl-users

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 23 08:00:13 EST 2004

We have a standard acl_users folder in the site root and an exUserFolder
in a subfolder With an apache front end and Virtual Host Monster the
outside world does not know about the root layer. This morning I created
an extra layer, moving the actual site down and leaving room for some
development areas not obvious to the outside world. Some hard-coded
utilities did not work properly, but they were easily found and fixed.
It all went very well.

I would absolutely endorse the recommendation not to substitute your
root level acl_users folder. I have tried things on a development box
and found myself locked out of the user area - fixed by going in at the
root level and using Undo.

Cliff