[Zope] New ZMysql adapter connection problem

Larry McDonnell larry at technologyinedu.com
Tue Dec 28 12:58:02 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm test 2.7.3 out and I cannot create a connection to my database. I am
using the new adapter ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b2
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/> .and I loaded
MySQL-python.exe-0.9.2.win32-py2.3.exe pointing it to the bin directory
of my zope installation. It added it to my product list but when I try
to make a connection I see the following:

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module Products.ZMySQLDA.DA, line 106, in manage_addZMySQLConnection
    * Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 64, in __init__
    * Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 97, in edit
    * Module Products.ZMySQLDA.DA, line 126, in connect
    * Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 183, in __init__

AttributeError: server_capabilities (Also, an error occurred while
attempting to render the standard error message.)

I also tried a password option but still no connection. I know I could
do the above in 2.6.1.

Thanks,
Larry