[Zope] Re: MOO vs Zope

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Sun Feb 1 10:16:38 EST 2004

From: "Terry Hancock" <hancock at anansispaceworks.com>
> So, basically, you're saying that the "real-time" interaction case is the
> part where Zope would be weak?  I.e. basically when we approach
> the "chat" limit, as opposed to the "forum" or "mail" limits, where
> conversations are highly asynchronous.

Yes, since Zope is built for asynchronous protocols, this is problematic in
Zope. Most solution simply do this by having modules that use other
protocols for this. The chats and other syncronous parts then simply run
outside of Zope proper. That of course means that if you want to log the
chats, some special solution is needed for that.