[Zope] MOO vs Zope

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Sun Feb 1 12:59:43 EST 2004

From: "Terry Hancock" <hancock at anansispaceworks.com>
> As regards the "must play well with Zope OFS" constraint, *does* that
> actually create much of a constraint with ZODB?

Well, since I'm not sure what you mean with "Zope OFS" I don't know. Maybe
you mean the Zope Management Interface?

> In other words, if I were to designate an object within the Zope OFS
> as the top-level object for the MOO, would it then be reasonable to
> have Zope able to traverse into the MOO?  If so, then we start to
> get into the "mult-server" model that Zope uses already (e.g. HTTP,
> Webdav, FTP, and XML-RPC are all currently supported, MOO would
> just be an extra server using the same ZODB).

Yeah, I guess. But I'm not even sure how the MOO came into the discussion
again. Wasn't it collaborative development we were talking about? I'm pretty
sure a MOO would be a lousy environment for that. Some of the technologies
are clearly helpful, but the restraints of the MUD environment would quickly
get into the way.