[Zope] Development/transport

fowlertrainer at anonym.hu fowlertrainer at anonym.hu
Tue Feb 3 07:29:26 EST 2004

Hello !

My question is that:
I want to dev. zope site, but I need to transport in fd or cd to other
machines.

1.) work: win/dev+test
2.) work: debian/dev+test+primary site
3.)
  home1: win/dev+test
  home2: suse/dev+test

The problem is that: I have many os and net specific settings, what
changing in other machines.

In home I have no network, so the InterBase DB is placed in local fs.
But in win this path is not same as local path of debian IB DB.

So many settings need to change.

I have APE to I work easy, and every objects are placed in /root/fs, what mounted
by APE.

Have the ZOPE, or an ext. product a chance to autocallibrate his
fs/objects settings, when I do a special request to ZOPE ?

I need to the ZOPE is set by a python program, or product, or
anything, to it's options must have rigth parameters (db path, os,
others).

In mod_python it is very simple thing, because I determine the OS, and
others from request/ip/os/others, but in zope it is not too easy,
because some thing must be writed into objects, and I don't know how
to do.

How to I do it simply ?

Thanx for every advance:

--