[Zope] zmysqlda unicode errors

Andrew Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Tue Feb 3 08:55:34 EST 2004

Hi All!

I am using Zope2.6.2, ZMySQLDA-2.0.8, python2.2.2, and
MySQL-python-0.9.2.

I have some forms that submit to a script which saves the data into a
database.  The pages the forms are on have a charset of utf-8.  Some
browsers (IE, I'm thinking), when they detect a unicode charset, use a
special unicode character for apostrophes.  When the form is submitted
with these unicode characters in it, my script raises a UnicodeError
when ZMySQLDA apparrently attempts to change the encoding to ascii.

So my question is:  does ZMySQLDA support non-ascii encodings?  I'm
checked the mysql docs for the version I have installed and it does.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
Andy