[Zope] Page only accessible via ZMI

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Feb 5 13:42:23 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote at 2004-2-5 10:10 +0000:
>I have a page referenced from index_html which displays fine on its own or
>linked to from the home page using the Test option in ZMI, but when
>trying to access it directly I get a 'Resource not found' error.
>
>Is this a permission problem? And what do I need to change to access it?

Usually, you do not get a "Resouce not found" as an indication
of a permission problem. Usually, you get an "Unauthorized" exception
(in some places you get a "KeyError" as some people think this
were a good idea).

Carefully check the URL that give you the error.
Almost surely, it is wrong.

--
Dieter