[Zope] OT: Q about mockup-making software

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Feb 5 18:24:32 EST 2004

Chris McDonough wrote:

>Also, I don't even care that the resulting mockup looks much like what
>it will eventually look like in HTML.  The mockup doesn't even need to
>be dynamic (it needn't show the actual dropping down of dropdown boxes,
>or the actual scrolling of multiselect boxes, etc).  The only dynamicism
>required is a capability that would allow me to create a set of images
>that could be navigated by mouse clicks, each mouse click which would
>essentially just lead to another "page" which could itself be a static
>image with hotspots representing clickable areas.

That sounds exactly like Denim.
http://guir.berkeley.edu/projects/denim/

It's pretty nice, though there are a few things it could do better (like
have templates for creating new pages.)

I tend to draw "looks" with GIMP and then follow up with clickable
mockups with Denim.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)