[Zope] Type uploading via FTP - Plone

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Feb 5 18:37:43 EST 2004

Juan Manuel Ruiz García wrote:

>When I upload a msword document to my plone site via FTP, it sets as 'Plone
>File'. I want to use ExFile so I can preview this documents into my Plone
>site, so I need to get the uploaded files to be set automatically as
>'ExFile's.
>
>Is this possible?

Sure. Take a look at the 'content_type_registry' object. It lets you set
the mapping of MIME type to content type.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)