[Zope] Zope2.7 rc2 and ZODB 3.3

Etienne Labuschagne elabuschagne at gmsonline.co.za
Fri Feb 6 05:24:30 EST 2004

Has anyone had any success to get the latest version of ZODB3.3 to work
with Zope2.7 rc2 (Windows build)?

When installing ZODB3.3 in Windows, you only get the option to install it
to your default Python's site-packages folder.  Replacing the Zodb folder
in Zope's lib/python folder doesn't work and fails with a "Error: The
object named by "DBTab.ClassFactories.autoClassFactory" could not be
imported" error.

It seems there are some other folders which are also ZODB related and
copying them over seems to solve the above problem, but gives me this:

<snip>
     name, datatype, handler, attribute = self.get_key_info(attrs, "key")
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZConfig\schema.py", line 248, in
get_key_info
     datatype = self.get_datatype(attrs, "datatype", "string")
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZConfig\schema.py", line 209, in
get_datatype
     return self._registry.get(dtname)
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZConfig\datatypes.py", line 330, in get
     t = self.search(name)
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZConfig\datatypes.py", line 355, in
search
     package = __import__(n, g, g, component)
ImportError: No module named logging_level

Any suggestions on how to get this working or is there a version of Zope
already incorporating this that I can use?

Thanks
Etienne