[Zope] Building a site template

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sun Feb 8 14:18:16 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 07:34:36PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote at 2004-2-8 00:00 +0000:
> >Are any instructions available for building a template for a site?
>
> You have read the ZPT chapters in the Zope Book?

No, I haven't looked at ZPT. I thought I would try to get the hang of DTML
first, just so that I can make some progress with ZOPE.

I'm finding it a steep learning curve.

> Then you know about "metal:define-macro", "metal:use-macro",
> "metal:define-slot" and "metal:fill-slot".
>
> With this knowledge, you may have a look at Plone,
> especially its "main_template.pt".
>

> Maybe, you want to use Plone as your starting point altogether?

I have not installed Plone yet, and don't know much about it or CMF.

Do they both need to installed or can I install them independently?

I'm getting a little bit saturated with all these new gadgets and find
myself being unable to see how everything fits together.

--
John