[Zope] TALES Confusion

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 12:45:17 EST 2004

Hi List,

I'm obviously missing something fundamental about how TALES expressions
work - I can't get the simplest thing that works fine in a ZPT to work
in a Formulator TALES expression.

Example: -

- In my ZPT, I'm using "user/getUserName", which works perfectly.

- I'd now like to migrate this functionality to a Formulator form, and
it seems to me that the above is a path expression, so
"path:user/getUserName" or - since the docs a say that a path expression
is the default - the original "user/getUserName" (Which I had understood
/was/ a TALES expression) should work. No such luck - I just get
variations on the theme of "Key Error" and "global not defined".

I have now descended into that special hell of trying all the
combinations and permutations, and have run out of options. Could some
kind soul give me a pointer - this just isn't possible by trial and
error, and I've now run out of resources...

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

  “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation
of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control
the people who must use the words.” Philip K. Dick