[Zope] Can two Zope installations interact?

Ryan T. Bard rbard at mededu.miami.edu
Tue Feb 10 22:12:20 EST 2004

I have two sites that really need to be on seperate servers for both
load balancing and security purposes. However, it would be a great
benefit to myself and my users if I can have one Zope installation
interact with the other installation so that I can automate some
user processes. I still want these machines to be seperate and their
users to maintain server-exclusive permissions. I just want the Zope
A system to have access to some resouces on the Zope B system when
dynamically generating some pages so that I can automate these
processes in the background.

To make the question more specific--if that helps--I would like to
have one server run a script that accesses ExtFile objects in one
particular Folder on the other server and create copies of those
objects on the calling server on a timed basis using something like
the Xron product.

Should/could this be done with an external method somehow? I figure
this is the most likely avenue available, if at all. Or will I need
to wait for ZEO before I can pursue a solution for this situation?

Thanks for any help offered!

--
Ryan T. Bard
Webmaster/Software Developer