[Zope] Can two Zope installations interact?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Feb 10 23:45:58 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:12:20PM -0500, Ryan T. Bard wrote:
> To make the question more specific--if that helps--I would like to
> have one server run a script that accesses ExtFile objects in one
> particular Folder on the other server and create copies of those
> objects on the calling server on a timed basis using something like
> the Xron product.

Sure.
You could use ZSyncer which does the same thing in the opposite
direction (push rather than pull). Or modify it to do pull.

Or you could roll your own solution using your choice of
approaches...  plain http GET & POST using urllib2;
xml-rpc (zsyncer code might be a useful example);
or ZPublisher.Client (zsyncer in current CVS uses this,
thanks to Dieter Maurer) which is actually simpler and faster
than xml-rpc.

For scheduling, you could use xron (never used it myself),
cron + wget or similar, or maybe play with this
stuff by Chris McDonough:
http://plope.com/Members/chrism/scheduling_service
http://plope.com/Members/chrism/more_scheduling

--