[Zope] problem with Zope 'start'

Jim Anderson ezjab at ieee.org
Fri Feb 13 09:55:53 EST 2004

I'm a newbie to Zope. I've read about it and now I'm trying it out.
I installed Zope version Zope-2.6.4rc2-linux2-x86
on Mandrake linux 8.2.

If I run 'uname -a', I get:

        Linux jjapc3 2.4.18-6mdk #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002 i686
unknown

When I try to run 'start', I get the following traceback:

jja at jjapc3% Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.6.4rc2-linux2-x86/z2.py", line 250, in ?
    from types import StringType, IntType
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/types.py", line 49
    yield 1
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

[2]    Exit 1                        ./start

I've done some programming in Python, but I don't recognize
'yield' and could not find it in the online Python documents,
nor would I want to change anything in the Python library
anyway.

Do I need to run a later version of Python? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help.

Jim Anderson