[Zope] Proxy Error

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Feb 15 03:37:56 EST 2004

Hi John,

John Poltorak wrote:

> I have suddenly started getting a 'Proxy Error' msg when accessing my Zope
> site which uses Apache to redirect specific requests to Zope.
>
> I can access other virtual hosts running hosted by Apache, and I can get
> to my Zope site if I specify port 8080, but for some reason just
>
> http://www.myzopesite.org/
>
> returns a 500 Proxy Error
>
> reason: Host not found
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is pretty clear!

> Can anyone suggest what is wrong?
>
> It would appear to be an Apache error. Can anyone suggest where I look for
> the source of the  problem?

Look how you specified the host name in your apache config file.
I mean the hostname of the Zope instance. Try to resolve this
name with dig, host or even ping. I suspect it does not work
due to changes in your DNS or something like that.
Just enter the servers you are always dealing with into their
/etc/hosts file to avoid problems with DNS (long timeout, disappearing
like you experienced)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain