[Zope] popen2 problem with Zope 2.7.0 and Photo

Ron Bickers rbickers-expires-1077553912.7aabbe at logicetc.com
Mon Feb 16 11:31:28 EST 2004

On 02/16/2004 10:53 AM, Troy Farrell wrote:

> Greetings Zopistas.
> Since I've upgraded from 2.6.2 to 2.7.0, the following product code causes
> zope to hang:

What exactly are you trying to do when it hangs?  So far everything I've
tried works.  I'm running Fedora Core 1, Python 2.3.3, Zope 2.7.0,
ImageMagick 5.5.6.

> Any hints?

The "best" thing to do, IMO, would be to install PIL 1.1.3 or higher and use
it instead of ImageMagick.  As of 1.1.3, PIL has much better resize
rendering which is as good as ImageMagick.  Since PIL is a Python module,
you won't have any piping issues.  It's also faster at rendering.

For it to render nicely, you'll need to change the following line (around
354) in Photo.py:

from:   img = img.resize((width, height))
  to:   img = img.resize((width, height), PIL.Image.ANTIALIAS)

I have a little Python Script I used to convert my entire Photo collection
from ImageMagick to PIL.  I'll be happy to share if you want to go this route.

--
Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.