[Zope] Strange problem about Catalog

Star War starwar992001 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 14:49:03 EST 2004

Hi,

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

After recataloging the whole web site, I found a very
strange problem: it takes about 10 seconds to access a
page that may be dynamically generated by DTML methods
using catalog. But it is very fast if you just access
a static page in the same site by giving url directly.
So I guess it is caused by catalog.

I search the list for an answer, but I still don't
know how to solve it. My zope server is old, it is
2.4. I think upgrading the version is not a choice for
me because the server is controled by others, not our
group.

In addition, some zope concepts confused me. For
example, our server actually hosts websites that are
developed and maintained by different groups. And each
group just manage its own folder. I think zope is
better for this model. But when one group uses Zclass,
they have to put their own zclass product in the
control panel which needs administrative right. Is
that weird? If i need to fix the bug in these zclass
products, i have to have the right to access the root
folder ( the whole zope ) so I can also change the
contents belonging to other groups. Why do we put such
constraints (zclass in contrl panel)? Why not create
control panel for each folder and let each group has
it s own private zclass product? Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks.