[Zope] Zope 2.7.0 zopectl problems (bug?) and questions

Jo Meder jo at meder.de
Mon Feb 16 16:02:46 EST 2004

Am 16.02.2004, 21:08 Uhr
	schrub Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com>:

> I'm curious as to why zopectl backgrounding works at all under any
> UNIX (it has always worked for me under any Linux version I've tried),
> if this change is necessary.

For one there is no zdctl.py in Zope 2.6 and I have up to 2.6.3 always
used my on zopectl-script.

Also there seem to have been some changes to zdctl.py between 2.7b2
and 2.7rc2. I never tested b3 or rc1.

> It seems to be too simple a bug to not be caught earlier on
> (not that I'd look a gift horse in the mouth.. but.. ;-)

Another reason might be that many init.d scripts use start-stop-daemon
to handle daemonizing, perhaps some distributions choose to use that
instead of zopectl.

	Jo.

--
internetmanufaktur jo----------------------------- Berlin, Germany