[Zope] Re: Command line access to Zope data

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Sat Feb 21 15:47:55 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:13:59PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> Yes, my login works fine - I get a 230 Login successful.

I think you'll find that the Zope FTP server gives that response to
*any* name and password that you provide.

> Maybe some permission needs to be set for FTP access...

Perhaps the "FTP Access" permission (in the ZMI Security tab)?  On my
system at hand only the Admin and Manager roles have that permission
at the Zope root; I don't know what the default is as installed.  Only
a username associated with a role that has that "FTP Access"
permission will be able to list files or do any FTP activity other
than login.