[Zope] Corrupted Data.fs alert when compacting

Gilles Lenfant gilles at pilotsystems.net
Sun Feb 22 14:19:57 EST 2004

Hi,

My Zope instance (2.6.2) doesn't alert or log anything about ZODB
corruption at startup or when browsing, but when I try to compact it, I
got this error:

Error Type: CorruptedError
Error Value: C:\Program
Files\Zopista_2_6_1\var\Data.fs:9676045:time-stamp reduction:
0342993b626b50b3 <= 034abe992d2f1aa2

The full traceback is...

Traceback (innermost last):
   Module App.ApplicationManager, line 353, in manage_pack
   Module ZODB.DB, line 526, in pack
   Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 1503, in pack
   Module ZODB.fspack, line 680, in pack
   Module ZODB.fspack, line 464, in findReachable
   Module ZODB.fspack, line 478, in buildPackIndex
   Module ZODB.fspack, line 175, in checkTxn
   Module ZODB.fspack, line 170, in fail
CorruptedError: C:\Program
Files\Zopista_2_6_1\var\Data.fs:9676045:time-stamp reduction:
0342993b626b50b3 <= 034abe992d2f

I have tried to run .../lib/ZODB/fsrecover.py utility, but the result is
worse than the previous problem:

How can I "uncorrupt" that ZODB and compact it again ? Is there another
solution than exporting root folderishes and importing them in a clean
new instance ?

Many thanks in advance for your hints.

--
Gilles Lenfant
Pilot Systems - 66, rue de Provence - 75009 Paris