[Zope] CLIENT_HOME is not defined

Marc Burgauer marc at sharedbase.com
Mon Feb 23 12:12:28 EST 2004

Hi

A Zope installation on my test system that has worked fine in the past
suddenly gives me this error when starting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Volumes/Data/ssl_instances/demo/z2.py", line 546, in ?
    zdaemon.run(sys.argv, os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME, Zpid))
NameError: name 'CLIENT_HOME' is not defined

Zope 2.4
Python 2.1.3
Mac OS X 10.3.2

I have run the installation procedures correctly and no errors came up. I
have tried to set the CLIENT_HOME explicitly in the start script to the
installations var directory. I have also tried to start Zope by directly
call z2.py. All without success.

I have then built a Zope 2.4 from scratch and get the same error without
adding any custom Products or database.

I have also installed Zope 2.6.2 on the test system and copied the database
(Data.fs) of the problem installation to the newer Zope and there, all
things work smoothly. However, in the problem installation, we're using a
Zope product (bespoke application that the customer needs to be able to
"add" through ZMI), which breaks under Zope 2.6 and the change I am trying
to test is minor, so we don't want to upgrade the site and its products to
2.6 just yet. The customer runs this Zope on a Mac OS X server (10.3.?) for
internal use only.

I have not been able to replicate this problem on another OS (tried FreeBSD
and Solaris8). Could it be a "Mac" thing?

Can anyone point me to other things I could try?

Cheers

Marc