[Zope] Opera 7 and ZMI

Ron Bickers rbickers-expires-1078334759.935b4a at logicetc.com
Wed Feb 25 12:25:55 EST 2004

On 02/25/2004 11:01 AM, Sergey Volobuev wrote:

> Wow. I'm always thought that this is "annoying Zope feature". :))) Yes,
> I've seen this with Opera 7 and most probably even with Opera 6 (eating
> blank lines after form submit in ZMI). However, it doesn't made me any
> harm, i don't loose any data.

If you edit the data Opera shows you after it has eaten the blank lines,
you're losing data.  Take, for example, the following DTML Method:

  <dtml-sendmail mailhost="MailHost">
  From: sender at example.com
  To: recipient at example.com
  Subject: Test Message

  This is a test.
  </dtml-sendmail>

When you edit this in Opera, it doesn't show the blank line between the
message header and body.  When you submit your changes, you end up with one
large malformed header and no message body.

I believe I tested Opera 6 and it doesn't have this bug.

--
Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.