[Zope] Caching Catalog results for performance

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Thu Feb 26 17:17:16 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:46:36 +0100, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>
wrote:

As usual your replies are extremely informative, so thank you Dieter.

> This means, you would not store the result of "searchResults"
> but the raw result of "search" (a sequences of "rid"s)
> and wrap them only when used (This is similar to the way
> Cache Controlled Z SQL Methods
> (http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope) manage their cache).

I have to take look at that.

At the moment my thinking was to store from search result brains the
metadata that was needed, including the url to the object. With that
cached data I would be able to create the needed views and would not need
any object references or do special wrapping.

Today I looked more closely how Zope handles session data in Temporary
folder and in Transience Object container in Transience objects, and it
looks that I could use the same technique and objects without inventing
the wheel again. I'll be only creating a Portal tool to offer api for
managing the cache and to hide the actual implementation, so that if
needed it can be changed to something else.

--
-huima