[Zope] httpd.conf Zope on Apache-based ISP

Troy Farrell troy at entheossoft.com
Thu Feb 26 10:56:27 EST 2004

Chris, I'm glad you noticed that.  In my example, my zope installation directory
(/home/troy/zopehome/studyshare/) is not publically served.

Patrick, I want to be sure you understand with which path you need to be
concerned.  /websites/enterpri/public_html is irrelevant as far as Zope is
concerened.  I would install zope to /websites/enterpri/zope/.  My rewrite rule:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:8085/VirtualHostBase/http/studyshare.net:80/sites/studyshare_net/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

It looks like this because what you see at http://studyshare.net:80/ is exactly
the same was what you would see if you visited
http://127.0.0.1:8085/sites/studyshare_net/ on the server.  If you want to serve
your website from the root folder of Zope, your rule should change from:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://64.5.48.153:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/enterprise-hr.com:80/websites/enterpri/public_html/zope/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://64.5.48.153:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/enterprise-hr.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1

When you use Apache to proxy for Zope, Apache doesn't care in what directory
Zope lives.  It only cares about the IP and port.  Don't forget to add a
VirtualHostMonster to your Zope root folder.

Troy