[Zope] object attribute access in zpt

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Feb 27 22:26:53 EST 2004

zope at netchan.cotse.net wrote:

>Let 'pdate' be a python datetime object. I can do this:
>'tal:attribute="value python:now"'
>However if I try to print out an attribute of 'now', like
>'tal:attributes="value python:pdate.year"', I get a login prompt and the
>page fails with the following message:
>[...]
>    *  Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
>      __traceback_info__: pdate.year
>    * Module Python expression "pdate.year", line 1, in <expression>
>
>Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access 'year' in this context
>
>Anyone know how to avoid this?

Datetime is "untrusted" code. You must either tell Zope that you trust
it, do this in an External Method where TTW restrictions don't apply, or
use the alternate DateTime/ZopeTime.

       --jcc

--
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."