[Zope] Display Success Message if file is uploaded successfully.. HELP!

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Mon Jan 5 02:44:48 EST 2004

On Monday 05 January 2004 07:27, cheng saimun wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a form which allows user to upload a file and then click submit.
> This will lead to a dtml-method which will prefom a series of manipulation.
> After this is done, this method will need to return to the previous page(
> ie. form ). My question is how do i add a 'UPLOAD SUCCESSFUL' message in
> this form if the file is uploaded? I mean when the user first enters this
> form, he should not see the message. Only when the successful uploading
> will he see it.

  Hi,

I think two ways are available to handle this :

  1. make a redirection at the end of your DTML method, adding a parameter
(for example, upload=1) saying that upload was OK. In your first form, you
just have to check for this parameter and display a message accordingly
(<dtml-if upload>...</dtml-if>).

  2. I generally handle forms actions with Python scripts. At the end of these
scripts, I add a volatile attribute to my object (self._v_modified=1) and in
my DTML forms, I check for this attribute : if it exists, I display a message
and then delete it immediately...

  Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net