[Zope] Re: Zcatalog question

Steve Lenti slenti at abqpubco.com
Tue Jan 6 11:30:31 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 05:11:45PM +0100, Maik Jablonski wrote:
> Steve Lenti wrote:
> >I have a Zcatalog setup to handle bunches of small xml files that are
> >being stored as DTML Documents.  When I do a query I would like to make
> >the results unique on a fieldindex that is called ad_num.  Is there a
> >way to filter the results of a query to be unique on a fieldindex.  I
> >realize I can step through the results and filter out the duplicates but
> >is there a more optimal way of doing this.  I tried messing with
> >something like this:
> >
> >context.Catalog({ 'adTextidx' : adTextidx}).uniqueValuesFor('ad_num')
> >
> >but this unfortunatly does not work.
>
> Use something like:
>
> context.Catalog.uniqueValuesFor('ad_num')

that really isn't what I'm looking for because I have like 100,000
objects in the catalog.  I want to be able to do a 'DISTINCT' on the
results from a query on the Catalog.  Something simliar to the DISTINCT
function in mysql

--
Steve Lenti
Systems Analyst

When angry, count four; when very angry, swear.