[Zope] Products: using Product's specific exceptions from TTW Python scripts

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at bigfoot.com
Thu Jan 8 03:52:05 EST 2004

Hi zopistas...

Hmmm seems that the main question is in the title but here's the
background...

I made a business logic object that must be customized with options and TTW
Python scripts. Some of the methods used from Python scripts may raise
specific custom exception but I didn't get the way making those exceptions
available to Python scripts. As a workaround, I use builtin exceptions like
IOError and others in a bad way.

What I would like to do...

from Products.MyProduct.MyExceptions import InvalidDateRangeError
try:
    # do some stuff
except InvalidDateRangeError, e:
   # do other stuff