[Zope] Mappings to folders inside localfs objects aren't accepted

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:46:36 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a VirtualHostMonster on the root of
my zope server (version 2.6.1). On the past
(on 2.5.1 I think), I added some mappings to
folders inside localfs objects and it worked.

Now, I'm trying to add new mappings and the
problem is that the previous mappings that I
made become invalid and are followed by the
text:

"#! Path must lead to an Object Manager"

I found that the problem is the following validation
in the VirtualHostMonster.py file:

-- if not getattr(ob.aq_base, 'isAnObjectManager', 0):
---- raise 'LineError', ('Path must lead to '
---- 'an Object Manager')

I removed it, restarted zope, and it worked. Does this
also happen with the latest versions of zope? is this a bug?

Thanks,
Josef